Manaus is the capital as well as the largest city of Amazonas. It is the 7th largest city in Brazil and is located at the east centre of Amazon, sandwiched between the confluence of the Negro and the Solimoes River. Manaus was originally founded in 1669 and it got its name after the Manaos people. Manaus is home to the world’s largest rainforest and is home to plenty of botanical gardens, eco-park, opera houses, museums and more. Here are some of the top attractions you can’t miss out on while you are in Manaus:
1. An opera house located at the heart of the beautiful Amazon rainforest.
2. Place where various festivals and rehearses takes place.
3. It is more than 120 years old.
4. It was chosen as one of the best opera houses in the world by Vogue magazine.
MEETING OF WATERS
1. The meeting of waters is located between the Rio Negro and the Amazon River.
2. Upto 6 kilometres both waters of the river run side by side forming a huge contrast between colours.
3. It is one of the major tourist attractions in Brazil and it is a phenomenon that mainly occurs due to temperature, speed and sediments dissolved.
PALACIO RIO NEGRO
1. The residence as well as the seat of the former government.
2. This place was originally built by a German entrepreneur –Karl Waldemar Scholz.
3. In 1918 the palace was purchased by the Brazilian government.
THE SUMAUMA STATE PARK
1. The Sumauma State Park is a state park located at the heart of a populated neighbourhood.
THE PORT OF Manaus
1. The port of Manaus is a beautiful riverport located at Rio Negro in Manaus, Brazil.
2. It is the main hub for ocean-going vessels travelling to Amazon.
This beautiful city can be your next stop if you complete your flight reservations from American Airlines Official Site. Enjoy exclusive flight discounts and savings like never before, get to work with some of the best travel agents and more. Call us today!!